Wow! Here it is the beginning of February already. We are busy getting ready for the 2016 season, answering lots of inquiries about guest ranch vacations and employment opportunities. Dates are already filling up fast! Things are looking good in the “horsey” area since we just hired a young lady who comes highly recommended as a trainer of both horses and riders. We are looking forward to the new aspects she can bring to the whole experience at Long Hollow Ranch.
We are also in the midst of improving and updating our website, so you should be able to navigate the site more easily. The whole process of inquiring, reserving, arriving, staying, and departing should be more streamlined this year too.
Since we started the guest ranch business in 2000, everything about the way we do business has changed. In many ways we were able to keep up but in others, we didn’t even notice the changes that were happening right under our noses! This year we are taking a hard look at our programs and doing as much as we can to make your dude ranch vacation unforgettable – in good ways!
Once again, let me emphasize the benefits you have to look forward to in a guest ranch vacation:
- Typically guests spend time together at meals and during the evening as well as during the trail rides. This encourages the development of new friendships with people from other parts of the country and often from around the world.
- A dude ranch vacation also provides security for guests traveling alone; we feel none of the dangers that might be present in a more urban or heavily-populated area.
- Activities at the ranch occur mostly outdoors where guests can enjoy the wide open spaces, stunning scenery, fresh air and sunny skies of Central Oregon
- All meals and regular ranch activities are included in the package price. We email you a statement after your reservation, so there are no surprises. If you do add other items during your stay, those are added to the bill at the time of your departure.
- Ranch staff members are friendly and helpful. Since we have a smaller facility, we have time to treat our guests with personal attention.
Of course, if we have vacancies, we also welcome B&B guests, who can enjoy the same delicious home-cooked breakfasts as the dudes. They are welcome to join us for lunch or dinner with advance reservations.
All in all we are very excited about prospects for 2016 and we look forward to welcoming old friends and new to Long Hollow Ranch. Come experience the pleasant, peaceful surroundings of the historic Sisters area, and return home renewed in mind, body and spirit.